My Latest Design

My Latest Design
Cascading Swan Wedding Door..

Forever In Our Hearts Book Card & Stand

Forever In Our Hearts Book Card & Stand

Friday 10 February 2012

My Findings regards the New Cameo Blade system

I have noticed a  few issues people are having regards the New Ratchet system blade for the Cameo Machine, Having had a few issues myself I set myself a few tests so I could use my blade  with the bare minimum of debris getting inside  the new holder.

Having used my Cameo to it's full potential I did find that card pieces were entering the holder and could become impact so tight that they couldn't be fully removed without damaging the blade itself which in the long run would not be very helpful in the working of the machine.

I cut all sorts of card day in day out many with lots of fibers that the older CraftROBO  just couldn't cope with, So I did a few tests and have solved the issue for myself.

Place the card of your choice into your machine, on setting your blade up for cutting I now increase the setting of the blade by one number and reduce the cutting pressure of the blade, this will take the nose cone of the blade away from the card slightly more than it should be.... stopping most of the bits/fibers from entering the holder.. You will still need to remove the holder and check for odd pieces but this should be now less work for you.

So if you are cutting normally on blade setting 4 then take the setting to 5 and make sure you adjust the cutting thickness to what it would have been on blade setting 4...

I do hope this little piece of information is helpful to some of you at least.

1 comment:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

WOW!!! Tina, this card is absolutely stunning, a real work of art!

Mother's Day 3d Basket

Mother's Day 3d Basket

Summer Flower Wreath

Summer Flower Wreath